2.70 Preview 1

About
As mentioned in my earlier blog post, I have been using the latest builds from http://builder.blender.org diligently. Today's post contains results of testing the following upcoming features in Blender 2.70.
Modifier Setup
Deformations and modifiers can be taken into account by selecing a mesh source for collision shapes. As you can see from the screenshot below, the modeled mesh consists of just a single face and the rest of the mesh used for collision and display is the output from the modifier stack.
Video
I have created 5 takes (playblasts) from my experiment and edited them together using YouTube Video Editor. Some of my takes have camera animation that was recorded using the the new "Walk" 3D view navigation mode.
Development
During the process of experimenting with the RBD system, I also started developing a set of tools (using Python) to abet workflows related to RBD setup and playblast creation. Following is a WIP of the latter. Links and References

Comments

Popular Posts